About Our Hunger Program
We offer plentiful programs to combat hunger in our community:
- A community cupboard, which provides families with emergency, supplemental food every month.
- Two state-run, income-specific programs for individuals and seniors.
- Through our various programs, we serve on average 250 families per week, and distribute over 8,000 pounds of food.
- Feast Day is a monthly lunch, where guests enjoy a hot and hearty meal and share in a time of fellowship. Various community resources and speakers are there to educate and provide assistance. 3rd Tuesday; opens at 9:30, meal at 12:00pm.
- Feast Night is a community dinner where guests enjoy a hot served meal and community fellowship. Worship follows sponsored by St John’s. 2nd and 4th Thursday nights. Doors open at 6:00; dinner follows at 6:30.
- At Thanksgiving and Christmas, we provide special food baskets with a turkey and all the trimmings. Guests must be registered with FoJ to receive.
- At Christmas children are given a gift and winter clothing.
Hunger Program Schedule
Community Food Cupboard
- Pick up once per calendar month
- Available Tue. & Fri. 9:00 – 11:30am, Wed. 5-7:30 pm, Sat. 2:00 – 4:30pm
- Bring Feast of Justice card and Photo ID with current address every visit.
- For annual registration, bring proof of household size (for instance: original Social Security card, birth certificate, or passport for every person in the household) and a Photo ID with your current address
- Pick up twice monthly—must be 2 weeks apart
- Available Tue 9:00—11:30am and Wed 5:00pm-7:30pm
- Bring Feast of Justice card and photo ID with current address.
- Income level must be declared.
Senior Citizen Boxes
- State registration required (can be done on site).
- Pick up monthly, beginning the 2nd Thursday of the month
- Available whenever we are open (Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat)
- Bring a photo ID and proof of income to apply initially. Once you apply, it takes 1 to 2 months for your name to appear on the list.
- If you are on the list, and do not pick up your box, your name will automatically be removed from the list and you must reapply.